New Leaders, New Skills
The transition to leadership
Who is it for?
- New leaders
- Managers who are new to leadership
- Team leaders who have been promoted to a higher level or bigger team
- What is leadership?
- What skills do leaders need?
- What are your strengths?
- What do you need to work on?
- What is your plan?
- What support will you need?
- When are you going to make the change?
- What will success look & feel like?
- Understand the principles of leadership
- Recognise the difference betweeen leadership and management skills.
- Increase awareness & confidence of own leadership ability.
- Realise what else you need to learn / improve.
- Develop an action plan.
- Identify necessary support to be able to accomplish your plan.
- Commit to your plan & the changes you need to make.
- Build a picture of success in your future role
Tailored to fit
We always work with our client to tailor format and content to their requirements.
Content is split into modules so clients can choose exactly what they want. Our programmes always include our Delta Cycle, a framework for change and performance.
All participants leave with an ACTION PLAN to translate their learning into action and change. They will be able to measure the programme’s impact from the changes they make and what they do differently as a result.
- The history of leadership
- The difference between leadership and management
- How leadership drives performance
- The leadership cycle: daily, weekly, monthly
- Leadership toolbox: the key leadership and management skills
- Personal leadership inventory
- Leadership purpose
- Vision and Mission
- Aurthority & Responsibility : the Power of Purpose
- Presentational Skills and Personal Impact
- Mindset and Resiliance
- How to achieve alignment: personal, team and business goals
- Connecting with Customers – Internal & External
- Team Power
- Mindset and Motivation
- Limiting Beliefs & other brakes on performance
- Self Awareness, Emotional Intelligence & Influence
- Teamwork and Trust
- Empathy, Rapport & Deep Listening
- The Reflection & Learning Cycles
- Team Performance
- Effective Delegation
- Coaching for High Performance
- How to apply coaching effectively toTeams & Groups
- Mission Control: Managing People & Projects
- Time Management and Profit
- Managing People and Change
- Theories of Change: Why we find change hard/ how to make it easy
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Difficult conversations and conflict
- Working relationships (managing up and down)